STARBUCKS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Last updated August 2016
By using this Site you indicate your consent to the collection, use and sharing of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
What Type of Information Does Starbucks Collect?
Personal information (from you are identified or identifiable) that may be collected by Starbucks may include name, gender, birthday, postal address, phone number, e-mail address and any other contact details that you provide when you:
- submit an enquiry through the Sites; or
- when you sign up to receive information about our products, services and events; or
- when you register for the My Starbucks Rewards program.
General website use
My Starbucks Rewards program
The My Starbucks Rewards program is designed to reward customer loyalty with specific rewards and limited time offers communicated via email or mobile phone. In Middle East & North Africa countries where the My Starbucks Rewards program has been launched, the program enables members to use a physical plastic card and/or a digital card (via mobile phone app) to carry out transactions in the store and redeem coupons containing reward offers. As part of the registration process, personal information is captured and used for purposes of communicating offers and information to members. For more details refer to the My Starbucks Rewards Terms and Conditions.
Where is Personal Information processed?
The personal information that you provide to us through the Sites is processed in the US, Canada and Kuwait. It may be transferred to other third parties as described in the following paragraphs. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information will be afforded the level of protection required of us under applicable data protection legislation and this Policy.
How Does Starbucks Use Information About You?
Starbucks may use information about you for purposes described in this Policy. For example, we may use information about you to:
- Respond to your customer service enquiries, or take other actions in response to your enquiries or other Site activities; and
- Communicate with you about our brands, products, events or other promotional purposes, including co-branded offers and affiliate and partner offers, where you have provided us with your personal information and opted in to receiving such information.
Does Starbucks Share Personal Information with Third Parties?
Starbucks shares your personal information in limited ways. We may share personal information about you with others with your consent. Provision of your personal information to us shall constitute your consent and approval to share such information with third parties as described in this Policy. Examples of how we may share your personal information with third parties include:
- We may share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as mailing houses or website hosts) and that help us market our products and services (such as email vendors). These companies may use information about you to perform their functions on our behalf.
- If you participate in any blog or other online forum on our Sites, any personal information that you post on our Sites may be shared with other forum participants and Site visitors.
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, financing, or sale of assets or any other situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, Starbucks may disclose personal information to those involved in the negotiation or transfer.
- With our partners and distributors in your region to respond to your customer service enquiries, or take other actions in response to your enquiries or other Site activities and communicate with you about our brands, products, events or other promotional purposes, including co-branded offers and affiliate and partner offers, where you have provided us with your personal information and opted in to receiving such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
What Choices Does Starbucks Offer About Personal Information?
Starbucks offers choices for you to request to update or change your personal information and how we communicate with you. Here are some of the ways you can request changes:
- Follow the opt-out instructions in promotional emails we send you.
- Contact our Customer Care Team via the contact numbers below.
If you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may still send you non-promotional communications such as emails about our ongoing business relations.
How is Personal Information Secured?
Starbucks takes reasonable steps to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information.
While we take these reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
We may update this Policy from time to time. When we do so, we will post the new Policy on this page and change the date at the top of the Policy. We encourage you to check the date of our Policy when you visit this Site for any updates or changes. We will notify you of any modified versions of the Policy that might materially affect the way we use or disclose your personal information.
Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy.
Starbucks Customer Relations can be contacted at numbers below 7 days a week from 10.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m. Kuwait time.
Saudi Arabia: 92000-2482
UAE: 800-SHAYA or 800-74292
Other Countries: +965-182-12-12
Write or Send Us a Fax
Group Customer Care
M. H. Alshaya Co. W.L.L.
P.O. Box 181 Safat, 13002, Kuwait
Fax: + 965 2258-1646